Our Family

Thank you for checking us out! We set up this site so you can track our progress to adopt a baby from China. We also added some info about cystic fibrosis and other issues in our little corner of the world.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Waiting: The Nursery

Just wanted to share my good news with you all! Yesterday I went to a neighborhood near us that was having their annual garage sale. I was looking for a crib, but I found that and much more! I had previously decided to have the nursery walls pale blue, and put wall decorations of white fluffy clouds. Then if we get a girl I'll add in large flowers, and if a boy (I know, SLIGHT possibility but I would love either) I will add in sailboats. It was really amazing (and FUN) because I found a crib right away - $50 for a great solid JC Penney crib plus mattress and several sheets in great condition. And the sheets are all pale blue with clouds and pale blue with moon and stars! Then I went to another house AND - a wonderful tall & narrow dresser: hand-painted blue with white clouds! Another house: all matching nursery decorations: yellow gingham, blue, and white bookshelves, picture frames, and memory boxes, with moon, cloud, and star motif! It was amazing how it all came together, and I spent yesterday afternoon washing everything and setting it up. The people who sold me the stuff also gave me lots of free stuff when they found out we are adopting: blue & yellow stars with hooks to hand clothes on, disposable bibs never used, lots of safety gadgets, and more blankets. I also got a spring coat, snow pants, and snowsuit for 12 month old. (I figure we'll be getting our baby in February and we live in Wisconsin...If they don't fit her, I only paid $4 for them) And of course a few toys for 25 cents each. I didn't even spend $95 and our nursery is pretty much complete and decorated!

It is amazing - We have been very concerned about the costs of adoption and plus everything we need to buy to raise a child, but I was so encouraged! I take this as a sign that everything can just fall into place, not just with the nursery but everything else!

1 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger Colleen said...

Well, we've totally changed the design of the nursery since then, but it still was a very encouraging time to get that stuff! Now we are all pink and green, more shabby chic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home