Our Family

Thank you for checking us out! We set up this site so you can track our progress to adopt a baby from China. We also added some info about cystic fibrosis and other issues in our little corner of the world.

Monday, May 14, 2007

First Mother's Day







It was a wonderful Mother's Day. We spent Saturday in Illinois with my family, and Sunday at home in Madison. Jim cleaned and took Josie out for a while so I could nap (the best present ever!) He also got me a video camera so I can start taking some videos of Josie. Josie got me an adorable Winnie the Pooh card and some chocolates. Then Jim made king crab legs for dinner - YUM-MEEEE!! I am wearing a beautiful corsage that my dad gave me.










Colleen's dad cooking fish for a cookout on Saturday. (Fish was caught by my brother Jim - see his wife's blog at ://www.midlifebliss.blogspot.com/ to see pics! She started the blog a few weeks ago, and it is so interesting!)

2 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

How exciting...your first Mother's Day! I remember how excited I was on my first one and every once since then. I think precious moments of quiet are always great gifts! You look great!

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Colleen said...

Thanks Melissa! I am really happy going sans makeup! In fact, the longer I am in Madison, the closer I am to becoming a true granola. I have a great hairdresser who cuts my hair so I can let it air dry, wear makeup rarely, stopped eating fast food, eat lots of fruit and fresh vegetables, shop at the farmer's market...I even recently stopped drinking soda, even diet coke (gasp!!) I like being more natural, although sometimes I do still like to put on makeup.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home