Our Family

Thank you for checking us out! We set up this site so you can track our progress to adopt a baby from China. We also added some info about cystic fibrosis and other issues in our little corner of the world.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Some things about Josie

I think that Josie is attaching pretty well, maybe better than I expected. I've been "wearing" her all day since the moment I got her, in my Kozy Carrier. This is supposed to promote bonding. I asked Aileen not to hold her until Thursday, so Josie would get used to me always being here for her. I think she is used to my heartbeat and feeling my skin. The first night she slept very still and didn't move (her muscles were very weak then too.) Now she will wake up every once in a while and roll to her side and put out her hand. If she doesn't feel me she will start to cry. If she does feel me, often she'll smile in her sleep. It is the most beautiful thing.

She gets mad at me often as I have to clear her nose (she has a runny nose and congestion) and give her medicine, and orajel as well as she is teething. After these times she won't look me in the eye for awhile, but eventually she forgives me. :-) I am amazed that she is so loving. When she is riding in her kozy, especially when she's sleepy, she will stare up at me. Today I was holding her and talking to Aileen, and Josie just gave me a short shove with her hand until I looked her in the eye. She is doing very very well, and sleeping pretty well, too.

Aileen plays games with her and Josie is having fun being so well adored. She is developing rapidly. It's unreal how much she can grow in one day - on Monday she couldn't lift her head at all if she was laying on her stomach. She also did not reach for anything as she could not grasp and didn't understand the concept. That has already changed - she is holding her head up and also reaching for things. She loves to hold things, and is moving so much more in general. She will catch up very very quickly. She will probably be rolling over in a couple of days. We started videotaping some of this today so Daddy will be able to see her growth as well.

She is very smiley in general, and loves to laugh and play games. She loves to smile at herself and us in the mirror. Every time we get in the hotel elevator she looks in the mirror at herself, then Aileen, then me, usually smiling at us. It seems that she loves to see us all together. We are just amazed at her beauty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home